Friday, August 15, 2008

Playing Hooky

We've been having a love/hate relationship with the Golden State since moving here in April. It's nice for me (Jess) to be back around people I know and the places I grew up, but the heat and overdeveloped landscape is killing us. But amazingly enough it only takes about an hour to get away from everyone.

This last Tuesday I (Jess again) woke up feeling under the weather and tired of people. So we took off to explore Northern San Diego County.

The view from the southern face of Palomar Mountain


Outside of Julian


We followed a road out of Julian that I've never taken and discovered absolute solitude in the Anza Borrego Desert


Anza Borrega

Matthew still doesn't like it here
Anza Borrega

1 comment:

j. shipley said...

beautiful. i love your use of the road lines. gosh, i love those lil stripes of yellow.